Skip to main content

10 reasons New Year is the absolute worst (for me)



 

screenshot of the video below :)
 1. You don't ACTUALLY really want to call or send the broadcast messages on Whatzapp

Seriously, it is freaking exhausting trying to call everyone in your contact list like you are going to die if you don’t. Asides from the obvious reason you don’t want to call people (call credits), you find out you really just don’t feel like. Just the thought of the no content talk is already daunting and on top of that you are an introvert! WELP!


2. The Fireworks

I used to love this as a kid, now I am at the quarter stage of my life and all I want is some damn quiet.


3. The Quiet

The irony of this day is that it can also get too quiet. I stay in a low cost estate and it is like everyone is somewhere else.


4. You don’t actually want to go out

I have friends hitting me up and asking if I am around so we can go hang out at cool spots like I promised a day before. Seriously, go out today? The mere thought of alcohol, party food and small talk is probably making you and i feel nauseous. Wait, What? You want us to go out and breathe actual fresh and see actual people giggling and jumping around? But PHCN just brought the light and I cooked mad fried rice with succulent turkey! And Nonso Amadi’s sound is playing on my LG speakers *perplexed at such insanity*


5. You would rather be in your sleep wear

It is 12 pm and I am still in my sleep wear with the door to my room closed. Ned I say much?
sleeping in my sleepwear


6.  And the Beef on the Jollof rice is terrible

I appreciate people’s effort at wanting to share but personally if it doesn’t taste or look good to you, don’t give it to your neighbors. The last thing anyone wants to do today is eat bad jollof rice, soggy jollof rice. Don’t make them throw it away.


7. Instagram is too happy

You are not a pessimist but you just cant deal with the jolliness that comes with the new year. It just makes you extra depressed especially when you don’t have a job.


8. Your standards and your self-esteem grow shorter

EVERY job, every say is a prospect for your new year. Provided it will make you feel productive.


9. Flat Pocket

The amount of fun you will like to have correlates with the amount of money you are going to spend. If you are from Nigeria you realize it just unwise to spend that little cash for just that day. It might later break you. Just kuku ma thank God for life.


10.  You will forget all of this

By January 1st 2019 you will have convinced yourself that THIS New Year will be totally different to last year's. Lie! It really wont.

Long story short, i am spending my New Year reading Art of War

 and practicing on my video editing skills.
Video is below  

 

did i try or nah?
Do you think the New Year is the worst Too?
Let me know how/why in the comment section

Thanks for reading 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Things I like about Rauf 'Ogbeni' Aregbesola--- amognst others

Recently I went to Osun state and the highlight of my days in Osun State was seeing the Governor Ogbeni Rauf Aregbesola with family and then actually talking to the first lady of Osun State Mrs Sherifat Aregbesola. If you ask 10 people that hail from Osun State but reside in Lagos about Ogbeni, they would probably turn their nose and say ‘that one na governor?’ “he does nothing but make unnecessary noise and moves”. I use to subscribe to these notions. I literary still made snaky comments about him changing Osun State to the State of Osun (I need to ask him about that) days before going to Osun. But on seeing him and listening to the people that actually live in Osun State, I am beginning to understand his intentions and I am partially starting to like him and what he is about.  I had to whoop out my phone real quick. it was a fan girl moment! Ogbeni as he is popularly called is described as a puzzle based on his nature and outlook towards certain issues that doesn’t nec

EndSARS in Nigeria; They are a menace to the youths!

We have so many problems in my beautiful country Nigeria, men in uniforms; the Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) is one of her biggest problem. These stories are a small medley of the  SARS brutality reports, as their misconduct has become a fixture of the news cycle on social media; a common occurrence. Despite the increasing regularity which we hear about these ‘bad eggs’ in the force, many of the politicians, spokespeople, activist and celebrities still maintain their silence and choose rather to highlight the police brutality happening in the USA. Their intended function was an attractive one, certainly, but unfortunately the agency doesn’t hold up to scrutiny. There are pertinent questions about the SARS that i have. I always say our priorities are misplaced in this country, after the 2017 MOBO awards, Nigeria's most important politicians; the president, the vice president , a senator, and president want-to-be took notice